Our fourth year as a partner with GRAND-AM Road Racing was filled with white knuckle finishes from some of the most talented drivers in road racing. Just like the top guitar player in every genre of music, these drivers practice and hone their craft. Teams of techs keep the sports cars on the track or (if I can keep my analogy driving)… in tune. Everyone from the tracks, to GRAND-AM, to the owners, to the teams worked diligently to make every event FAN-tastic.
We had so much fun this year, awarding special PRS trophy guitars, hosting race-day concerts featuring PRS artist Davy Knowles, displaying trophy guitars with the stunning Conti Girls, kicking off race weekends with pre-events including Fan Days at area music stores with DW Drums and clapping for high school guitarists and drummers as they competed during InTune Magazine’s Race to the Stage auditions.
We’d like to share congratulations to our own PRS Winner Circle:
• To Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates who won their seventh DP team championship in 10 years and their fourth in a row.
• To Rolex GT champion Scuderia Corsa Ferrari.
• To Davy Knowles for his stellar performances at Watkins Glen and at the Indianapolis Hard Rock Café Gear Heaven Concert and Party.
• To Chris Mitchum and Trevor McClure of Mitchum Motorsports for loving up the Lambo with PRS livery, sharing her at Experience and then running her at VIR.
• To Charlie Putman at the Porsche 911 GT3-R taking PRS livery to Europe for the Blancpain Endurance Series.
• To AIM Autosport, Godstone Ranch, GAINSCO/Bob Stallings, Turner Motorsports and others that flew down the track with PRS Pride stickers and decals.
• To PRS artist Jon Dretto, up-and-coming artist Hayden Fogle, and GRAND-AM drivers Spencer Pumpelly and Dr. Jim Norman who joined us on stage to help rock the crowds.
• To the InTune Race to the Stage Winners – each of these high school aged musicians competed successfully and won themselves an opportunity to play with Davy Knowles on stage and receive a full setup of gear.
From Watkins Glen area:
Drew Gansz – 16 yr old guitarist
Josh Goldstein – 15 yr old drummer
From Kansas Speedway area:
Josh Ryan – 14 yr old guitarist
Noah Ryan – 16 yr old drummer
From Lime Rock Park area:
Blake Henry – 16 yr old guitarist
Devin Noe – 16 yr old drummer
Congratulations again to all of our winners! We are looking forward to sharing the first season of the new TUDOR United Sportscar Championship with you!
By the way, if your guitar has GRAND-AM Road Racing inlayed in the neck; you’ve got yourself a collector’s item! There’s still a few left through Guitar Center – place an order with Guitar Center for yours today.